Adult Passport Renewal
You may apply for your passport by following the instructions on this page if:
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of application;
- Your most recent passport was issued when you were 16 years of age or older;
- Your most recent passport was issued within the last 15 years;
- Your most recent passport was not limited, i.e. it was issued for a full five- or ten-year time period;
- You are able to submit the passport with this application; and
- You are not requesting a change in the passport data, other than a name change due to marriage or a court order.
Please submit the following at your appointment:
- Your most recent United States passport. This passport will be cancelled and returned to you with your new passport.
- Evidence of change of name by marriage. If you have changed your name by marriage since the last passport was issued, please provide your original marriage certificate.
- Passport application form DS-82.
- Two identical passport photographs. The Embassy will reject any photographs that do not meet the specified requirements.
- The application fee is $110.00 (or 151 Libyan dinar). Payment can be made in U.S. dollars or local currency. Please bring the exact amount. We cannot give change in U.S. dollars or Libyan dinar.
To submit your passport application, please make an appointment online.
What NOT to Bring...
Your visit to the Consular Section will go more smoothly if you DO NOT BRING the following items...