Resources for American Companies
Doing Business in Libya
WHAT CAN THE U.S. EMBASSY DO FOR YOU?
The U.S. Commercial Service at the American Embassy in Tripoli offers valuable assistance to help U.S. business export goods and services to markets worldwide. Entering into any foreign market can be tricky and Libya is no exception. While there are a number of opportunities in this market, there are also major challenges that need to be managed.
Through the U.S. Commercial Service office at the American Embassy in Tripoli, we are able to offer a limited range of for-fee services to help you identify trade opportunities and find local partner. For more information, please check services for U.S. companies below.
- Services for U.S. Companies (DOC 40 KB) (PDF 40 KB)
- Background Note, U.S. State Department
- Libya Summary, International Monetary Fund
- Consular Information Sheet
- General Information about Libya
- 2009 Investment Climate Statement Report - Libya
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Business in Libya
Investing in Libya:
Legal and Regulatory Documents:
- Law No.(9) on Promotion of Investment* (PDF 152 KB)
*This is a Libyan government translation. The law predates the revolution. As such, it may change with little notice.
TENDERS AND MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
Libyan Service Providers
The U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the following persons or firms. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department of State or the U.S. Embassy.
- AL-KOUN For Commercial Registration
- Majeri law Firm- Commercial Registration
- Al-Shammakhi Firm for Legal Services and registration of companies
- Sultan for Accounting, Auditing and Tax Consulting
- Kanoun & Co. Tax - Management - Finance And Contracts Consultants
- Ahmed Ghattour & Co.
UPCOMING Trade show EVENTS
(Not endorsed by Embassy Tripoli)
- Rebuild Libya 2012
- Libya Investment Forum
- Oil & Gas Libya 2012
- Infrastructure Libya 2012
- AGRO-Libya, Food & Fishing Exhibition
- Libya Build 2012
- 6th Technology of Oil & Gas Exhibition & Forum
Libyan Private Business & Government Agencies Links
- The Libyan Interim National Council
- Libyan Interim Government
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- National Oil Corporation
- Libyan Businessmen Council
- Libyan investment.com
- US-Libya Business Association
U.S. Government Agencies Links