What Can the U.S. Embassy Do For You?
The U.S. Commercial Service at the American Embassy in Tripoli offers valuable assistance to help U.S. business export goods and services to markets worldwide. Entering into any foreign market can be tricky and Libya is no exception. While there are a number of opportunities in this market, there are also major challenges that need to be managed.
Through the U.S. Commercial Service office at the American Embassy in Tripoli, we are able to offer a limited range of for-fee services to help you identify trade opportunities and find local partner. For more information, please check services for U.S. companies below.
- Services for U.S. Companies (PDF 27 KB)
- Background Note, U.S. State Department
- Libya Summary, International Monetary Fund
- Consular Information Sheet
- General Information about Libya
Investing in Libya
Legal and Regulatory Documents
- Law of Foreign ownership in Libya (PDF 40 KB)
*This is not an official translation.
Tenders and Market Opportunities
Libyan Service Providers
The U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the following persons or firms. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department of State or the U.S. Embassy.
- AL-KOUN For Commercial Registration
- Majeri law Firm- Commercial Registration
- Al-Shammakhi Firm for Legal Services and registration of companies
- Sultan for Accounting, Auditing and Tax Consulting
- Kanoun & Co. Tax - Management - Finance And Contracts Consultants
- Ahmed Ghattour & Co.
Shipping, Logistics, and Freight Forwarding
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.